Director Of Development - Whitney CenterCompany: Whitney Center
Date Posted: May 15, 2017
Whitney Center, Hamden, CT
Senior Living Community
Whitney Center's mission is Excellence in Senior Living. We work toward achieving this mission through creating engagement opportunities for those we serve to achieve their personal fulfillment. Our values; Community, Respect, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork are the foundation of our person centered philosophy. We treat all members of our community; our residents, their families and each other with respect, dignity and compassion.
As a five-start rated community we continue to maintain the highest standards of care and service for our residents, families and our valued employees.
If working with people who are dedicated, compassionate, and concerned about the well being of those we serve is important to you, then we would like to meet with you. We've built a strong reputation on the outstanding services we provide.
Position: The Director of Development
Reporting to the President / CEO and working in partnership with the Philanthropy Council, the Director of Development serves as the organization’s primary administrator for Whitney Center’s philanthropy activities and programs. Specifically, this position is responsible for the development, planning, implementation, and direction of all fundraising efforts including major gifts, the annual fund, planned giving, special events, and specific fundraising campaigns.
- Assist senior leadership and the Philanthropy Council in articulating the philanthropy vision and developing a strategic plan, including short-term and long-term goals, to achieve that vision.
- Develop and implement the structure and systems necessary to execute the philanthropy plan.
- Establish benchmarks and the regular evaluation of fundraising programs.
- Support the Whitney Center Fund, including written appeals, mailings and follow-up.
- Support the Major Gifts efforts, including the development and maintenance of planned giving programs.
- Coordinate special events related to fundraising activities.
- Oversee the tracking of donor information and maintenance of the fundraising database.
- Maintain and oversee donor stewardship and gift recognition.
- Develop budgetary and fundraising report information, including philanthropy projections, as required.
- Manage Whitney Center's image through the development and delivery of stakeholder messaging.
- Develop fundraising publications and materials as needed.
- Assist senior leadership and other key staff in matters relating to Whitney Center's image and its response to constituent concerns.
- Develop a creative, organized, and pro-active external communication program to enhance the position of Whitney Center in the community-at-large.
- Participate actively in appropriate civic affairs, and develop programs to enhance the visibility of Whitney Center with community leadership, corporations and organizations.
- Cultivate relationships that lead to achievement of philanthropy goals.
- Identify, qualify, and cultivate, individual donors, foundations, and corporate supporters. Brief and assist senior leadership, the Board of Directors, and the Philanthropy Council with the cultivation and solicitation of major gifts and pledges from these prospective donors.
- Educate and support Whitney Center staff and volnteers in fundraising-related activity.
- Provide collaboration, leadership, and support to other committees and assignments within the organization in support of the mission.
A minimum of a 4 year bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required. Masters degree is a plus.
We are looking for someone with a proven track record in the non-profit sector. A minimum of 5 years philanthropy and development experience is required.
We are proud to Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits
- Long Term/Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- And More
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
If interested, please contact Ken Sandberg, Chief Operating Officer; 203-848-2633 or firstname.lastname@example.org