Director of Development - FoodshareCompany: Foodshare
Date Posted: June 12, 2017
Position Summary: Foodshare has an exciting opportunity on its Fundraising Team! The Director of Development will secure revenue to meet critical fundraising goals from existing donors and targeted prospects capable of making a major gift (defined as gifts > $10,000 in one year or >$25,000 over 3 to 5 years). The Director of Development will be expected to carry a portfolio of up to 125 donors. This portfolio will include high net worth individuals, and primary responsibility for decision influencers/makers within corporate environments and government agencies.
- Manage and cultivate an active portfolio of up to 125 major donor prospects.
- Use elements of the moves management system to maintain progress toward solicitation; manage stewardship plan; meet quarterly goals for face-to-face solicitations.
- Work with team members and communications department to develop persuasive presentations for individuals and groups ensuring cohesion of messaging. Create written solicitation proposals clearly and persuasively articulating opportunities for funding.
- Design and implement major donor-related programs and cultivation events and activities.
- Clearly articulate Foodshare’s mission, culture, values, and programs in all meetings, presentations and donor conversations.
- Meet or exceed annual and multi-year goals for major gift revenue.
- Assist in creating target solicitation goals for donors; regularly monitor and report on progress against goal.
- Identify and qualify new prospective donors.
- Collaborate with Volunteer Coordinators and Individual Giving Manager to discover new donors.
- Develop strategies to increase the visibility of Foodshare within Hartford and Tolland counties.
- Provide prospect research and stewardship strategies for the team and their assigned constituents.
- Oversee all data for prospects and donors as related to cultivation and stewardship.
- Develop and maintain a moves management system utilizing Raisers Edge.
- Develop and manage planned giving program for Foodshare.
- Provide prospective donors with estate planning information and secure gifts through wills, insurance, retirement plans, and other planned gift options.
- Create a targeted marketing campaign for these opportunities.
- Manage online giving.
Education, Experience, and Key Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline, with a preference for an advanced degree.
- 5+ years’ experience in face-to-face major gift solicitation fundraising with a proven track record of closing major gifts.
- Experience in fundraising for a preparatory school, university, or hospital setting is a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Knowledge of non-profit fundraising practices, procedures, and legal and ethical obligations.
- Experience in thinking creatively, in developing engagement strategies for major donors, and in seeking funding from non-traditional sources.
- Strong attention to detail and proven organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, including the ability to conduct public presentations.
- Must be able to contribute to a positive work environment and work collaboratively.
- Ability to communicate effectively with donors of high net worth capacity and from a variety of professional experiences.
- Intimate knowledge of the Greater Hartford community preferred – philanthropic, business, and non-profit
- Ability to travel up to 50%, primarily locally, to meet donors and prospects.
To apply please submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements:
No phone calls please.
Foodshare is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Foodshare maintains a drug-free workplace.