Vice President for DevelopmentCompany: The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven
Date Posted: September 26, 2017
The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven
The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven, the region's largest grant maker and permanent charitable endowment, is seeking a qualified candidate for Vice President for Development. The Community Foundation’s mission is to create positive and sustainable change in Greater New Haven by increasing the amount of and enhancing the impact of community philanthropy.
Title: Vice President for Development
Department: Development and Donor Services
Reports to: Senior Vice President for Development and Donor Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Vice President for Development is a member of the Senior Management Team and is responsible for leading, planning and implementing all aspects of a comprehensive and ongoing development program with an emphasis on major gifts, endowment and planned giving. S/he will be a strategic, dynamic and collaborative professional who possesses outstanding organization, communication, fund development, supervisory and management skills.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of accomplishment with a combination of development, donor relations, professional advisor outreach, stewardship and leadership experience and success. We are a looking for a seasoned development professional who would work in close collaboration with colleagues on achieving The Foundation’s mission.
- Ensures The Foundation’s mission is clearly articulated to current and potential donors to assure institutional integrity and donor intent.
- Demonstrates a full range of development skills including prospect research, solicitation and donor stewardship, with a focus on major and planned gifts.
- Manages a broad portfolio of major gift prospects, donors, and professional advisors through the entire cycle of development – from research and identification through cultivation, solicitation, closure, and stewardship.
- Delivers outstanding results with respect to major gift solicitations.
- Bachelor's Degree required, advanced degree or CAP designation preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in major donor and gift solicitation, or an equivalent combination of related experience.
- Community Foundation knowledge a plus.
- Demonstrated accomplishment in the acquisition of major gifts.
- Experience with philanthropy in estate planning.
- High touch leadership style that inspires and sustains relationships.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft® Word, Excel and donor databases.
Applicants should submit letters of interest and other related support material to Human_Resources@cfgnh.org no later than October 13, 2017. No phone calls please.
The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven is an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you for your interest.