Part-Time Director of Major Gifts (NYFS)Company: Newtown Youth And Family Services
Date Posted: January 17, 2018
Newtown Youth & Family Services (NYFS) is a licensed non-profit mental health clinic and youth service bureau that is dedicated to helping children and families achieve their highest potential.
The Director of Major Gifts would build NYFS’s capacity to support our agency by securing generous support from individuals, foundations and corporations. The Director would shape and implement a development strategy that aims to enlarge the agency’s assets through the creation of new charitable funds, the expansion of existing funds and the development of future gifts through donors. Part-time, 10- 15 hours per week. Flexible hours, with possible evening and weekends when needed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Crafting and implementing a comprehensive development strategy that envisions expanding the agency’s assets.
- Managing a broad portfolio of donors, prospective donors and professional advisors through the cycle of development, identification, research, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Creating and executing a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual and corp donors.
- Managing the financial development budget and reporting and record keeping activities.
- Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising.
- Build long-term relationships with community stakeholders, donors and potential donors to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the agency.
- Keeps informed of developments in philanthropy and fund development for the not for profit sector.
- Build relationships with key state agencies and departments for grant opportunities.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Master Degree in field such as communications or public relations.
- 5 years plus of experience in development, communication or public relations.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written and oral presentation.
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards in fund development.
- Convey a professional and positive image and attitude regarding the organization and the not for profit sector.
- Ability to embrace and articulate NYFS’s mission and vision.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Excellent computer skills
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including Board members, Staff, Volunteers and public.
Email or fax cover letter and resume to Sheila Russo-Matyjasik: 203-270-4338 or firstname.lastname@example.org