Chief Development Officer - National Coast Guard Museum Association, Inc.Company: National Coast Guard Museum Association, Inc.
Date Posted: May 26, 2017
National Coast Guard Museum Association, Inc. is seeking applications and nominations for their next Chief Development Officer.
Founded by Alexander Hamilton 1790, the men and women of the United States Coast Guard have remained true to its motto “Semper Paratus” (Always Ready) to save lives, enforce laws, combat terrorism, and protect the maritime domain.
Despite being our nation's oldest continuous sea-going service, the Coast Guard is the only branch of the five armed services without a national museum dedicated to its achievement, culture and history.
Now, the National Coast Guard Museum Association, Inc. (NCGMA), working with the Coast Guard, has embarked on a $100M public/private partnership capital campaign to establish a national museum on the New London, Connecticut historic waterfront to increase awareness and appreciation of the Coast Guard. The Museum will explore the Coast Guard's rich history, current life, and future challenges through world class, museum-quality interactive exhibits, programs, public and private partnerships, and STEM-based, life-long learning experiences.
For more information about how NCGMA intends to “Bring Coast Guard History to Life”, see http://coastguardmuseum.org/
The Chief Development Officer will be responsible for:
- Designing and implementing a national campaign and ongoing sustainability program
- Managing a small development staff
- Assisting in board recruitment and development
- Serving on the Museum senior management team
- Representing the Museum as a communications strategist and spokesperson
- Participating in branding and marketing initiatives
- Coordinating activities with the United States Coast Guard
The ideal candidate will demonstrate most, if not all, of the following characteristics:
- Capacity to design and launch a campaign program
- Track record of securing major gifts from individuals (7 figures preferred, 6 figures required)
- Relevant campaign supervision/implementation experience
- Ability to identify and sustain support from new constituencies
- Keen interest in building a program with clear and substantial impact
- Genuine appreciation for the mission of the Coast Guard and the Museum
The CDO may be based in New London, or in the northeast between Boston and Washington, DC and will partner with museum volunteer and staff leadership to help ensure a successful campaign and design and oversee a sustainable post-campaign program.
While proximity to New London is preferred, candidates who want to live within a 200-mile radius of New London will be considered; national travel is anticipated.
Development Guild DDI is partnering with the leadership of the Museum Association to help in this recruitment.
Expressions of interest can be sent to: William Weber, President or Tracy Marshall, Senior Vice President of Executive Search Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Application Deadline: 6/26/2017
Salary Range: DOE