Director of Development- Connecticut Veterans Legal CenterCompany: Connecticut Veterans Legal Center
Date Posted: December 27, 2018
We are a scrappy, merry band of advocates who give our all, every day, to help veterans overcome legal obstacles so they can live meaningful and comfortable lives. We’ve grown as an organization over 8 years, and we are looking for a Director of Development who will help our donor relations catch up with our gold-standard legal work. Come join our team!
What we offer:
- The chance to help veterans experiencing homelessness and mental illness make meaningful and measurable improvement in their lives.
- The best family-friendly office culture you’ve ever experienced. We are client-centered, hard-working, creative, democratic, outcome-oriented and collegial.
- The opportunity to take on a significant leadership role in a small organization.
- A salary based on experience and commensurate with other senior roles at CVLC.
- Health insurance, generous paid vacation, and sick leave.
What we need from you:
- Improvement of CVLC’s individual giving and major gifts by building our data infrastructure and planning campaigns through market research and donor data analysis.
- Help maintaining our already strong relationships with foundations and corporations by working closely with the Executive Director and a grant writer.
- Supervision of interns to support CVLC’s effective existing external communications through email, social and traditional media.
- Support for CVLC’s board members as ambassadors for CVLC’s mission.
You should apply if you have:
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills.
- A project management system you can describe.
- Phenomenal organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience in a self-directed role.
- Three or more years of development and/or communications work in the public, academic or nonprofit sectors including roles with significant responsibilities and experience supervising others.
- Experience with grant writing, editing, and reporting.
- Experience organizing fundraising events.
- At least a bachelor’s degree. Masters in Nonprofit Management, Business, Communications, or related fields, or commensurate post-graduate training in development or related fields, preferred.
- Familiarity with donor database management, email marketing platforms like mailchimp and social media platforms.
- Familiarity and demonstrated commitment to issues important to veterans, people with mental illness and addiction, homelessness and/or civil legal aid.
- A collaborative attitude. We all do windows here.
We would love to hear from veterans, people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals. CVLC will make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and development-related writing sample you think demonstrates your communication skills to CVLC’s Executive Director Margaret Middleton at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be prepared to share the names, title and contact information for three references if requested. The position is open until filled. We anticipate that it will be filled quickly, so please send your materials as soon as possible.