Development Associate - Burroughs Community CenterCompany: Burroughs Community Center
Date Posted: January 9, 2018
Established in 1996, Burroughs is a center with a strong history of building programs and partnerships that inform, engage and empower to build a stronger community. At Burroughs we believe a successful community will celebrate diversity, act inclusively, work intentionally to create opportunities and reduce barriers to individuals achieving success.
Burroughs is looking for a skilled, dynamic and strategic development professional who will work part time to build philanthropic support from individuals, businesses, charitable grants and private foundations.
This position is part time (about 20 hours a week) with flexible hours with the potential of becoming a full- time role. It reports to the Executive Director.
The Development Associate will:
- Work with the Executive Director to craft and implement Burroughs development and communication strategy;
- Manage annual fundraising strategy;
- Manage donor data and contact activity using Bloomerang database;
- Manage the solicitation of individual donors, prospective donors and charitable funds to increase donor base and meet annual goals
- Write grants
- Identify new funding sources
- Support cultivation and recognition events.
- Coordinate messaging and solicitation efforts with partner organizations.
Requires strong writing and MS Word skills, familiarity with Bloomerang or similar donor database, demonstrated grant writing and donor cultivation experience
To apply please send resume and compensation requirements to Michael@Burroughscc.org with the subject line “Development Associate”.
Burroughs Community Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability