Development, Donor Engagement, & Outreach - Sustainable CTCompany: Sustainable CT
Date Posted: May 15, 2018
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
- Raise funds from individuals, corporations, foundations, and other public and private grant-making organizations and mission investors.
- Build a pipeline of qualified individual major funder prospects and create cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship plans for them.
- Conduct prospect research to identify funding and grant opportunities and support the writing and submission of grant applications, including researching, submitting letters of intent, proposals and stewardship reports, responding to RFPs and completing the acknowledgment and stewardship cycles.
- Manage the corporate sponsorship program, including building a prospect pipeline, identifying natural partners, creating pitch decks, designing fulfillment functions, and driving relationship management.
- Plan, execute, follow-up on and build engagement and fundraising events that attract and retain new and developing audiences, prospects, and key constituencies involved in Sustainable CT’s mission, as well as attract financial support and media coverage.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with a diverse portfolio of Board members, funders, partners, sponsors, and the media.
- Actively engage the Board of Directors in fundraising, building their capacity as program ambassadors and connectors.
- Work with Executive Director and staff to support consistent and effective communications, messaging, and brand identity related to fundraising through the website, social media, annual reports, fact sheets, FAQs, information packets, press releases, and media placements.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- A passion for our mission and a belief that our efforts can make Connecticut and the world more sustainable
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills, proven ability to prioritize, follow through, and manage deadlines
- Proven track record of success in fundraising, communications, donor engagement, and outreach/marketing
- Proven ability to build and sustain relationships with funders and sponsors
- Experience in effective events organization, management, and execution
- Familiarity with the sustainable development sector, CT municipal government, and community mobilization preferred
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively, as needed
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree is required
Work location is flexible. Travel within Connecticut is required. Base location is the Sustainable CT office operating out of the Institute for Sustainable Energy at Eastern Connecticut State University, 372 High Street, Willimantic, CT.
Email any questions regarding this RFQ to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm on May 29, 2018. An FAQ response will be provided to all interested individuals by 5:00 pm on May 31, 2018. Submit the following to email@example.com by 5:00 pm on June 8, 2018:
- Cover letter (no longer than 3 pages) outlining your approach to providing development, donor engagement, and outreach services to support Sustainable CT's vision and mission
- Contact information for 3 professional references