Since 1960, the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) has inspired global change and supported efforts that generated over $1 trillion. AFP’s nearly 30,000 individual and organizational members raise over $100 billion annually, equivalent to one-third of all charitable giving in North America and millions more around the world.
For more information or to join the world's largest association of fundraising professionals, visit www.afpnet.org.
To advance its mission, AFP:
- Fosters the development and growth of fundraising professionals committed to the preserving and enhancing philanthropy;
- Establishes a code of ethics and professional practices;
- Requires member adherence to a professional code of ethical standards and practices;
- Provides training opportunities for fundraising professionals;
- Implements programs that ensure cultural and social diversity in our membership and leadership;
- Collects, researches, publishes, and disseminates historical, managerial, and technical information on philanthropy and philanthropic fundraising;
- Promotes public understanding of philanthropy and philanthropic fundraising;
- Conducts activities that maintain and develop legislation favorable to philanthropy;
- Enlists, organizes, and supports members to achieve our purposes;
- Fosters international cooperation, knowledge exchange, and education among fundraising professionals worldwide; Uses all necessary and proper means to accomplish our purposes; and Provides a valid and reliable certification program for fundraising professionals.
National Philanthropy Day
National Philanthropy Day®, November 15, acknowledges the entire spectrum of services provided by the nonprofit community and recognizes the profound impact that philanthropy has on the fabric of society. And, each year AFP honors individuals and groups who, through their hard work and dedication, have enhanced philanthropy, their communities and the world.
Visit the Official National Philanthropy Day Web Site.
Apr. 1 -
Detroit Fundraiser Richard Martin Honored for Lifetime Service to the Profession
Richard K. Martin., CFRE, an outstanding fundraiser who has been a leader in Michigan and around the world in encouraging the profession to address the issues of diversity and inclusion, is the recipient of the Chair’s Award for Outstanding Service presented by AFP.
... more >
Mar. 25 -
AFP, Relationship Science Announce Strategic Partnership
The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), the largest community of fundraising professionals in the world, has announced a new strategic partnership with Relationship Science (RelSci), a technology solutions company that enables organizations to strategically leverage the collective connections of employees, executives, and board members in order to shorten fundraising cycles and identify high-impact donors.
... more >
Mar. 11 -
AFP Announces Strategic Partnership with Abila
AFP has announced a new strategic partnership with Abila, a leading provider of software and services to nonprofits and associations that help them improve decision making, execute with greater precision, increase engagement, and generate more revenue.
... more >
Feb. 25 -
AFP Foundation for Philanthropy – Canada receives a $400,000 boost to expand diversity and inclusion efforts
(Toronto, Ontario) – The AFP Foundation for Philanthropy – Canada has received a multiyear grant, valued at $403,674, from the Ontario Ministry of Citizenship, Immigration and International Trade to create a fellowship program that will support and train fundraisers from diverse backgrounds.
La Fondation canadienne pour la philanthropie de l’AFP vient d’obtenir une subvention pluriannuelle d’une valeur de 403 674 $ de la part du ministère des Affaires civiques, de l’Immigration et du Commerce international de l’Ontario afin de mettre sur pied un programme de bourses visant à soutenir financièrement et à former des professionnels en philanthropie de divers horizons.
... more >
Feb. 4 -
AFP Statement on President Obama’s FY 2016 Budget
While the recently released budget recognizes the important role that the charitable deduction plays, it also includes the 28% cap on all deductions for wealthy taxpayers. Read the full statement from AFP President and CEO Andrew Watt, FInstF, and AFP Chair Patrick Feeley, CFRE.
... more >
Looking at Capacity Building Differently!